Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One down, four to go

So I made it through one pile of wood. After two hours and (approximately) 127 trips up and down these:

This:
Eventually turned into this:


Which is now parked about three houses away until I can take it to the tip tomorrow so that the termites have plenty of choice should they choose to escape.

And here is proof for my husband that the BT does actually fit (just) into the tiny gap between the house and the fence. It did require two attempts and engaging 4WD to reverse it up the driveway though...


This was all preceded by laying the termite traps so that we will know if the little buggers decide to relocate now that they have been deprived of their woodpile. When Ryan left these for me, I envisioned simply laying them around the house - easy job, should take about 15min right? In reality, each one (looks a bit like a flowerpot with some tasty wood in the bottom) had to be dug 30cm into the ground. If you can't guess from the pictures, the ground around our house is just a little bit rocky. And where it wasn't rocky, there were tree roots. And where there weren't any of those, the builders must have taken advantage of whatever dirt they could find and laid the pipes. Sigh. Digging in 24 traps was almost as hard work as carting wood.

At least it's one more job to tick off my holiday list.

On a different note, my Nan died this morning. She was unwell and it was pretty much expected, but sad all the same.

I love you Nan and I hope you find peace and rest with your Father in heaven.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment