Thursday, August 12, 2010

I caught a fish!

Yep - my first fish. So it wasn't exactly the whopper barra I was hoping for, but I am at least one up on Ryan :)

I'm now in the middle of a week off (following a week of night shifts) and today was the first day that I haven't had any chores to do (like sleep)(and get the BT serviced) so I decided to take the GPS and my bike and go geocaching.

Although I had plans to go all over the place (plenty of choice with around 250 geocaches within a 25km radius of the hospital), I ended up pretty much sticking to the half-a-dozen or so caches between here and Lee Point. Since most of these were well hidden in the bush alongside the track (which is full of wait-a-while)(they weren't kidding), it took a bit more effort than I was imagining. Heaps of fun though.

We spent the evening (after me picking up Ryan from work) by going fishing in Cullen Bay. Ryan bought me a rod a couple of weeks ago and I have to confess to being just a leetle bit addicted (even though I hadn't actually caught anything until today). Unfortunately the fish didn't quite enjoy the experience quite as much, and swam (floated) off upside-down after being thrown back :(

Then finally we rounded it all off with a trip to Mindil Beach Markets for some food (enjoyed while watching the sunset from the beach)(along with several hundred other people). Very crowded as always, but enough good stalls and good food to make it worthwhile.

The croc pictured below is from Ryan's trip to Crocodylas Park (visited over the weekend while I was sleeping). In Ryan's own words "it was alright" (and "that's why I don't blog...").

There are also a couple of shots from Charles Darwin National Park - the local mountain bike mecca (although with the noticeable absence of anything that could remotely be described as a mountain). Nice views over to the city though.







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment